How can I begin Pull Marketing for my hotel or motel?
Since the brain is so vitally important to the marketer, and the subconscious processing is the most important part, how can we appeal to that part of the customer’s decision making process? Contrary to “Push Marketing,” the realm of the conscious brain processing, “Pull Marketing” is the realm of the subconscious.
We appeal to his or her senses and emotions, centered in the subconscious mind.
The subconscious thought processes are very open to influence. There is no “guard”considering and rejecting or accepting information, as there is in the conscious thinking process. It should be obvious that the subconscious decision-making process is much easier to influence in favor of the innkeeper, provided the proper techniques are employed.
It is absolutely imperative that you tailor your marketing messages to the society and culture in which your business is located! Failure to make these adaptations produces substantially inferior, often fatal, business results!
So, what does Pull Marketing–marketing to the customer’s subconscious look like? Much of it is surprisingly simple and inexpensive. It all starts from the outside of your property and works in to the interior.
For example, do simple things around your property, such as:
- Picking up all the trash at least once a day. Go to the sides of your property and pick up the stray plastic and paper.
- A well-kept lawn–not only mowed and edged–but level with added sod and over-planting where necessary.
- Live, well-trimmed shrubs.
- Replacing dead shrubs and landscaping bushes and trees
- Over-seeding winter lawns with annual rye to keep them green through the cold months
- Making the entry way attractive with pots of flowers and other attractive, well-watered plants.
What is the effect? Your guests are subconsciously pleased with the appearance and neatness of your property. You have just magically manipulated his or her subconscious value of your property and the anticipated experience markedly upward.
How is that for marketing success!
Here is to your facility being the dominant hotel business in your marketplace!
KISS = Keep It Simple, Simon, and you will delight your guests by the sight they behold!